These pages serve as supplementary materials to our two papers (see links below) dealing with the subject of directed panspermia and with the related message in the universal terrestrial genetic code. Also, depending on available time, we will provide here relevant information comprehensible to non-specialists.
N.B.: The genetic code is not DNA/genomic sequence. If you are unaware of the difference first refer to a school textbook or at least wikipedia.
N.B.2: We are not the authors of the hypothesis that life on Earth derives from intentional seeding by a preceding extraterrestrial civilization and of the related hypothesis of a message in the genetic code – both of these are far from being new. What we do is testing these hypotheses.
N.B.3: The hypothesis of directed panspermia does not imply that we are “created by aliens“. It implies that we (all terrestrial life) share common origin with our extraterrestrial predecessors. It also has nothing to do with Intelligent Design, creationism, paleocontact theories, UFOs, etc.
For those who intend to go into more details, we recommend doing that in the following order:
- First of all, read the brief introduction outlining why the hypothesis of directed panspermia is plausible a priori.
- To eliminate possible misconceptions and confusions right off, please, refer to FAQ. Common objections are also answered there.
- Read the paper “Space ethics to test directed panspermia” (accepted in Life Sciences in Space Research). This paper sets the stage, justifies the approach and reviews relevant data.
- Read the paper “The ‘Wow! signal’ of the terrestrial genetic code” (published in Icarus), which presents the description of the informational artifact in the genetic code and arguments on its artificiality, as well as its algebraic and statistical analysis (the authors’ free version is available at arXiv.org).
- The summary of the research, which elucidates certain points contextually and in more detail than in the papers.
- You might then watch the interactive supplement to the papers online (or download zipped SWF-file to watch it offline).
- If at this stage you are still unconvinced of the validity of our arguments, please, refer to How to disprove our conclusions.
- Find out the score of the signal in the Rio scale.
- You might also read expert opinions.